How Workcare can help your church.
We help churches to be more supportive of their member’s working lives. We spend such a large amount of our lives 'at work' that it's a key issue that churches sometimes miss. Here are some ideas to help you become a more ‘WorkAware’ church.
- Include work places and work issues in your Intercessions.
- Support people during work crises, for example after redundancy.
- Take your minister to work day.
- Pray for local businesses.
- Appoint a Chaplain with Workcare for workplaces in the area round your church.
Help with becoming a more 'WorkAware' church
Just as a 'Fairtrade' church adheres to certain principles about trade, so a 'Workaware' church makes a special effort to support people in the workplace, through it's worship, small groups, pastoral care and public face.
How can WORKCARE help your church?
We can provide a speaker/preacher or you can select a speaker from our staff team, chaplains and board members. Look at Who's Who to find out more.
What else can we do?
- Supporting your congregation in their workplaces
- We can run, or help to run, courses in workplaces organised by Christians
- Courses in workplaces for those interested such as Alpha/Emmaus Courses
- Easter or Christmas events/Carol services organised by Christians for the Workplace