How Workcare can help your church.
We help churches to be more supportive of their member’s working lives. We spend such a large amount of our lives 'at work' that it's a key issue that churches sometimes miss. Here are some ideas to help you become a more ‘WorkAware’ church.
- Include work places and work issues in your Intercessions.
- Support people during work crises, for example after redundancy.
- Take your minister to work day.
- Pray for local businesses.
- Appoint a Chaplain with Workcare for workplaces in the area round your church.
Help with becoming a more 'WorkAware' church
Just as a 'Fairtrade' church adheres to certain principles about trade, so a 'Workaware' church makes a special effort to support people in the workplace, through it's worship, small groups, pastoral care and public face.
How can WORKCARE help your church?
We can provide a speaker/preacher or you can select a speaker from our staff team, chaplains and board members. Look at Who's Who to find out more.
Our Development Officer, Syd Henderson, can come and meet with the Church Leader or your Leadership Team. To email Syd click here.
What else can we do?
- Supporting your congregation in their workplaces
- We can run, or help to run, courses in workplaces organised by Christians
- Courses in workplaces for those interested such as Alpha/Emmaus Courses
- Easter or Christmas events/Carol services organised by Christians for the Workplace